Some useful tips on how to calm downing those crazy mornings with the kids.
Caught up in the back to school hustle and bustle and nuttiness? Sometimes it seems like it should be easy to get back into the flow of things when September rolls around but it just doesn’t happen that way does it? The stress mounts and the chaos pile up and it’s complete anarchy in the kitchen. I always find the key to being less stressed and more prepared for the early mornings is to make sure you prepare things the night before:
- Make those annoying lunches when yo uare making dinner or cleaning up dinner. This makes it feel like it is all one task instead of using up time for two different tasks at night or rushing in the morning when the kids won’t get dressed and the dog needs to get walked.
- Work with your child to lay out tomorrows clothes so they are ready to jump right inot them and there are no last minute arguments about the look. Include everything from shoes to underwear to socks to skirts to shirts.
- Mkae sure you have breakfast planned or atleast the easy options ready to go. Don’t forget the heathy foods, bluntly our kids are gettign fat because we don’t prepare for healthy meals and snacks. Let’s take some of the responsibilty here as well!
- Get their agendas signed and their backpacks organized as soon as dinner is done or while it is cooking. Again this task will seem like it is part of dinner and won’t be as painful as it can be. Make sure all the paperworks and forms are found, signed, reviewed and returned. Keep the backpack open and in a spot where the kids can put their lunch pails in it in the morning, now it’s their turn for accountability. Keep an eye on what they are doing and help them if they need it but by and large, this should be their thing.
- Set your alarm to get up in plenty of time so all this can be accomplished. We always need more time even though we moved to an awesome place in London, closer to kids schools and transit – thanks to the Best Realtor in London (Brian Van Bart — Call him!)
- Don’t forget to breathe! It won’t always be easy and the kids won’t always be on board but yo ucan do it!
Just fo rfun this is my new place!